To all the Seagulls who wanna fly

Jonathan Livingston Seagull written by Richard Bach changes lives.. Like it did mine. 

This book resonated with me more than anything else in this mundane world. Before, I was one of the other gulls who didn't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight. I only cared about surviving everyday without purpose like a machine - just getting through a day, from shore to food and back again. 

Only when I was stuck in a disaster did I realise the importance of flying. "There's so much to learn!" I want to fly. I don't want to fly to eat. I want to fly because I love flying. I belatedly realised there's a Jonathan Livingston Seagull living inside me all these years unnoticed. 

The weight of failure is heavy on my back. Just like Jonathan. But I will not give up my flight no matter how much the other gulls mock me and pull me down. I get breathless and terribly tired while trying to fly. But the thought of my breakthrough, makes my little heart race. My flight will be unstoppable. And when I fly, I will fly high. 

"There's a reason to life". By flying, I can lift myself out of ignorance and boredom. I can be free. I can discover new places, new things. I can teach other gulls to fly. I can change many other gulls lives. I had to pay a huge price to learn the magic of flying. But I'm not sorry anymore because of the lessons I had learnt from it. I will save my experiences and focus on my flight. 

My wings are broken but I will heal them one by one while learning the secrets of flight. I will fly higher than the mountains and far than the oceans. I will travel far and wide. After all, I have a long life ahead. Viva la vida! Long live life! 

How well you fly depends on how well you land. When I fall, I know how to land. I have learnt it the hard way. So safety assured, I'm gonna start my flight now. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Princess

Into The Magic Shop