I Love You, Ma


My Mother's love, sometimes I doubt,

She loves me, yes, but at times I'm unsure.

With her uneven favors and unkept promises,

My heart breaks more than ever.


When she favors my siblings, I feel small,

Her mocking jokes are bittersweet.

Unaware of my cries,

She laughs with ease.


When I speak, my sister interrupts,

My mother's attention shifts,

Lost in a sea of voices,

I fade away.


As a child, tears fell as she left for the day,

Her love, once tender, now seems far away.

What happened to that mother so kind?

I wonder, as memories rewind.


When she is a silent witness,

To my sister's taunts, or my brother's blows,

I feel betrayed, and my heart aches.

In anger, I fight, wanting to hurt back,

But finding no relief, I give up.


This toxic love, even if it's true,

Wounds me, black and blue.

Though it hurts, I cannot leave her,

Her love, though flawed, makes me whole.


Her hugs and kisses burn on my skin,

A reminder of the love I once got.

I hold her tight, despite the pain,

She's my mother, my love for her remains.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To all the Seagulls who wanna fly

Not Your Princess

Into The Magic Shop