Being Present in a Busy World

 


Being present in a bustling world is a battle in itself. Each morning, I receive a heartfelt "good morning" message from my dear friend. However, caught up in my tasks and responsibilities, I often do not respond until later in the day, replying with a belated "good afternoon." Despite my ill-mannered response, my friend reassures me that it doesn't bother her. She simply enjoys spreading positivity and warmth to her loved ones each morning.

Recently, however, I've noticed a change. The familiar ping of her good morning messages is absent, leaving a void in my mornings. Those messages were more than just greetings. They were my daily dose of motivation, boosting me up for the hard day ahead. With exams looming around, my heart is longing for those warm wishes more than ever.

Reflecting on this, I realize that the absence of her messages is my doing. I failed to reciprocate her kindness and now feel the impact of her absence. It's a wake-up call to the importance of being present for others, just as they are for us. We should never take these small gestures of love and connection for granted.

So, I've made an effort to mend my ways. Instead of waiting for her good morning messages, I've taken the initiative to send one to her myself. It's a simple gesture, but this way, I hope to show her I appreciate her presence in my life.

Being present for others means letting them know they are valued through your actions. Other people can't really know your feelings until you show it through your action. With so many distractions and obligations, taking the time to be present for others is easily forgotten. But since they are dear to you, it's your responsibility to make a conscious effort to give back and show up for them. As I sit and think about this, I'm reminded of the truth that sometimes it's the smallest gestures that have the greatest impact.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To all the Seagulls who wanna fly

Not Your Princess

Love needs Effort, not Magic