Midnight Magic


As night unveils its black magic cloak,

I sit upon my bed to watch the show.

In the audience, dogs' howls echo clear,

Countless murmurs that stars overhear.


The elderly moon shares its makeup,

Casting on my face a gentle glow.

For the lighting effect, I see fireflies twinkle,

Faces gleaming like stars on the ground.


As the opening act, shooting stars streak,

Almost a painting of a million dreams.

Like Santa on his sleigh, they ride across the night,

Leaving me hopeful as a child for a gift.


During the duet of a lunar eclipse,

I witnessed a dance of life and death.

As their broken beams mingle, I see my fate,

Hesitation fleeting, I stand wonderstruck.


With every wave of the magic wand,

Auroras clutter and break and fly.

Chaos unfolds as the planets levitate,

And comets collide with the wary spectators.


As the magician calls me onto the stage, I go,

Wishing to uncover the mystery of sorcery.

As he puts his cape on me, I disappear,

In the magic of the midnight hour.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To all the Seagulls who wanna fly

Not Your Princess

Love needs Effort, not Magic