The Broken Leg Dog

 



In my neighborhood, I often see a dog with a broken leg these days. It looks tired and hungry, struggling to move around. Since I already have two dogs at home, I can't take it in. I feel sorry for it and want to help somehow. Sometimes, I think about giving it food. But when the dog goes away, I just go back home without doing anything.

Today, early morning, one of my dogs was screaming loudly. When we went outside, we saw the same dog with the broken leg fighting with my smaller dog. I felt really mad and sad. My other dog tried to stop it, and they ended up fighting. I tried to separate them, but it didn't work. Eventually, my dad threw stones to break up the fight. As we watched, the dog with the broken leg ran away. But as soon as it left our yard, other street dogs attacked it. It was awful to see.

As I went home and checked my dogs for injuries, I saw blood fully covering their necks and legs. I got angry and blamed the dog with the broken leg for hurting my dogs. As I bathed both my dogs, all the blood washed away, and there were no bite marks. Realization dawned on me that the dripping blood I found on my dogs belongs to the broken leg dog. I felt terrible and guilty. I felt that it was all my fault and I should have done something to help.

Reflecting on today's events, I am filled with remorse. The what-ifs plague my thoughts, yet I understand that dwelling on the past serves no purpose. Life's injustices are painfully apparent in the fate of the broken leg dog, a reminder of the cruelty that some beings endure.

Even though I couldn't change what happened, I learned that life can be really unfair and cruel sometimes. I think about the weight of my inaction and its consequences. As Albert Einstein said, "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." In a world filled with sufferings, even a small act of kindness could offer solace amidst the cruel fate.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To all the Seagulls who wanna fly

Not Your Princess

Into The Magic Shop